Job Ref: TGN4883
We are looking for a Quality Control Specialist to join an established team and help with their ambitious business strategy. In this role you will be responsible for home textiles quality and technical developments and with the support of the Technical Manager, develop new products in conjunction with design and product development, ensuring that all relevant standards and legislation are met. To challenge and improve the quality standards and manage sizing and fit/ product specification & risk assessment.
- Responsible for supplier presentations, factory evaluations & audits, assessing suppliers and providing objective feedback to support the sourcing strategy.
- Help to develop and maintain specification library for all relevant products and support product development in the creation of SFF’s (Supplier Specification Forms)
- Review design specs, working with offshore offices and factories to facilitate production of development samples and ensuring risk assessments are completed.
- Support the development of quality standards, process improvements and implementing these in home textiles.
- Working closely with product development, ensuring accountability for relevant critical path events and working to find solutions to any problems.
- Responsible for ensuring we are compliant with any legal technical specifications, internal specifications, labelling requirements and testing requirements.
- Responsible for quality, managing the quality team at the warehouse, ensuring any quality issues are managed in line with the procedures and communicated to the wider business.
- Ensuring internal quality processes are implemented and monitored, which will include wash testing samples and communicating the results.
- Experience in the Home Textiles industry
- Hands on technical skills in at least one category, with the ability to develop this into other areas. Must have an understanding of product specification; construction /quality standards and applicable testing.
- A good understanding of manufacturing capabilities and limitations in their area of responsibility
- Ability to conduct a factory visit and assess product quality highlighting areas of concern.
- Someone who can guide and advise team members in a technical capacity.