Job Ref: TGN4884
As a result of expansion we are looking to recruit a Quality and Compliance Manager – this is a Hybrid role working for a leading Homewares company. This is a pivotal role within the organisation, ensuring all product and manufacturing meets legislative requirements, managing existing processes and keeping up to date with changing legislation working with the MD to develop business strategies for the future.
The company is fast paced and energetic and the role would suit someone who is looking to make an impact on a growing business, contributing to a talented team.
Working with the MD responsible for company compliance in relation to:
- UKCA / CE Regulations, ensuring compliance through product testing and label.
- EUTR / UKTR Regulations (Timber traceability management)
- Plastic Packaging Tax, management and responsibility of annual data submission and compliance
- Extended Producer Responsibility Regulations
- Net Zero Regulation – develop future and support customer requirements and activity.
- REACH Regulations – management and responsibility
- EU Authorised representative, management of relationship and update of specifications
- Health & Safety – including risk assessments and annual testing.
- Facilities Management – co-ordination of business requirements and repairs.
Management and co-ordination of CSR activities in relation to:
- Product quality management – including internal and third-party QC inspection.
- Analysing & investigation into cause of customer complaints, including providing technical support to the internal Business support team
- Analysing monthly credits and preparing quarterly supplier debit notes to be issued to suppliers via production.
- New Supplier Onboarding certification and checklists
- Management of 3rd party factory audits
- Completing customer packaging and timber questionnaires, as required
- Responsibility of FSC accreditation management
- Product testing e.g., adhesion strength testing (Artistick & Artifix), and test hanging, colour fastness, fire resistance, etc.
- NPD compliance requirements, identification, and delivery
- Collating and submitting data for the current Net Zero projects.
- Monitoring future regulations and ensuring company compliance.
- Administrative support to the Head of Buying and Supply Chain and Ad hoc tasks/projects as required by the business.
- Previous experience of delivering quality standards ideally working within Homewares and Textiles
- Comprehensive understanding and intimate knowledge of supply chain
- Comprehensive experience of sourcing strategies
- Experience of working with cross functional team.
- Good commercial acumen
- Attention to detail.