Job Ref: TGN4933
A leading supplier of home furnishings is currently seeking a Product Technologist to join their growing team. The company supply to UK high street retailers including John Lewis, Waitrose, Dunelm & Lakeland and ecommerce sectors. Your job is to ensure a product moves from its design and development stage into the hands of the retailer or end user. You will work closely with internal stake holders, overseas manufacturers and the customer to fully meet or exceed expectations for product compliance, quality, packaging, sustainability, on time delivery and end user performance.
- Hybrid working (1-2 days per week)
- Free Parking, Early finish on a Friday
- Death in Service Life Assurance, Employee discounts on all product, Employee Assistance Programme
- This role will report into the Account Director with support from the Supply Chain Director, working alongside other Product technologists and Commercial team members.
- Attend and contribute to pre-prod handover meetings via close liaison with Design, Development and Customer Account stakeholders to ensure selected products are suitable and compliant for bulk manufacture, performance, presentation and customer expectation.
- Ensure timely completion and issue of detailed product, imagery and outer packaging specifications both to overseas manufacturers and internal e-commerce stakeholders via a PIM based system and using Illustrator to create packaging templates. Strong admin and organisational skills required for this aspect of the role.
- You will populate, maintain and manage relevant sections of a detailed critical path to ensure timely customer product launches through analysis and proactive actions including chasing suppliers for fabric, product sampling, also packaging proofs.
- Take a hands-on role with the sample sealing process involving checking of strike/bulk fabrics, packaging proofs, test/inspection reports and gold seal samples to ensure compliance to internal and customer requirements. Communicate appropriate approvals and rejections back to the supplier.
- Provide regular updates with internal and external stake holders on sample activity and progress.
- Hold suppliers accountable and maintain KPI’s for performance on sampling, testing and inspection dates including ‘right first time’ sample submission within agreed deadlines.
- Deal quickly and effectively with daily email communications to and from suppliers, customers and internal stake holders.
- Control, evaluate and approve pre-shipment inspection reports in partnership with our overseas teams via strong communication.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a similar role.
- Enthusiastic team player, with a proactive approach, good communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Organised, and capable of prioritising multiple tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Confident to make decisions and take responsibilities, yet unafraid to seek advice.
- An inquisitive mindset, with a keen interest in developing themselves, and ambition to grow their insight and knowledge within the industry.
- A desire for continuous product excellence, and improvements.
- A strong communicator with ability to present confidently via email, audio conferencing and face to face with internal stake holders, suppliers and customers.
- A positive approach and mentality to product data harvesting, document population, maintenance and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Previous experience in the Home Textile, Ceramic and / or Furniture industry, essential.