Job Ref: TGN4841
We are looking for a Product Developer to join a successful Home Furnishings company who supply the High Street. We are looking for somebody to work in partnership with design, sales, sourcing teams through product development process to “ready to buy” status, followed through gold seal approvals. We are looking for somebody with strong product developer experience and knowledge of working with licensors.
- Hybrid Working.
- 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays.
- Company pension.
- Employee discount.
- Manage the Critical Path from design brief to product launch, ensuring all areas are engaged in the process.
- Presenting ideas to Buyers
- Working with the Design & Technical team to ensure the samples are checked, approved & correctly labelled and stored.
- Setting up new lines on the system, liaising with Design, Product and Merchandise Managers to ensure the correct information is input.
- Support the merchandising team, if required on market research and competitor analysis
- Communicate with a global supply base in a professional and accurate way, verbally and in writing.
- Prepare shade cards and price lists for trade shows and sales team.
- Work closely with Product Merchandise Manager & Design Manager, to understand costings of products and margin requirements.
- Manage the sample process and be aware of any costs incurred.
- Managing development costs for sampling, couriers etc.
- Look for cost savings within the department and make recommendations.
- Experience as a Product Developer
- Understanding of Home Textiles and licensed products
- Experience working with agencies and factories overseas.
- Detail orientated.
- Good with people management.
- Competent in Microsoft excel, word, outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Competent in managing the PD process.
- Experience in pricing structure/hierarchy.
- Good commercial perspective & creativity skills.
- Strong organisation & commercial skills.
- Product costings/negotiation skills.