Job Ref: TGN4894
Our client is a well-established, fast paced fashion supplier in central Manchester, providing high quality on trend styles to leading Online Brands including BoohooMAN, Boohoo and PLT. They are looking to recruit an Experienced Garment Technologist to join their friendly team working based in central Manchester.
This is an excellent opportunity to self-manage and run their own QC department.
- Measuring and checking development, fit and production samples when they arrive as per the specs given.
- Sending clear comments to factories and amended specs.
- Ensuring lab dips, sealers, fits, production and lab tests are chased up and in on time to ensure critical path and delivery dates are met.
- Working closely with the design team through the product development stage for each garment at the start of each season.
- Putting together specs and workbooks.
- Attending fit sessions and developing size charts.
- Arranging production, pre-production QC checks and grading garments.
- Ensure that the garments are being produced to the required quality standard.
- Approving fabrics, test reports and inspections.
- Promoting quality and performance improvement with the factories, Initiating and implementing new processes to make the department run more efficiently.
- Building strong relationships on a professional basis with buyers and factories.
- Fashion Technology Degree.
- Previous experience within a similar role working with ladies or men’s multi products.
- Must have previously worked for a supplier of high street fashion ranges in a similar role.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Fully PC literate.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work with a methodical, no-nonsense approach.
- Critical path knowledge.