Job Ref: TGS1541
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Merchandiser to join an established retailer and online retailer who is able to maintain and develop an assertive, dynamic culture in the team. You will drive the department and company performance by planning, nagging and optimising sales, stock , markdown and profit.
- Be pivotal in driving Department strategy with the Buyer – Planning, managing and achieving the targeted measures of Sales, Stock turn, Markdown and Profit.
- Control the in-season Open-to-Buy down to category level through monthly WSSI meetings with Head of Merchandising
- By effective range planning and markdown control, supervise the management of Terminal Stocks to keep within budgeted levels.
- Encourage teams to manage the supply base, monitoring Commitment and Intake, and to work closely with the supplier to minimize lead times, create flexibility and improve availability and margin.
- Train, motivate and develop the team, and ensure the development of their teams at all levels.
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with IT, Distribution, Warehousing, Retail and Finance.
- To shape, manage Departmental budgets and KPI’s
- Represent the Department at weekly Trading
- Take a lead role in new initiatives for your Department
- Manipulate OTB and intake so as to maintain stock levels by Department and Category in line with monthly Closing Stock targets as defined on WSSIs.
- Measure: Achieved Stock Turn -v- Budgeted Stock Turn
- Improve accuracy of both sales and intake forecasts.
- Measure: Average Weekly Variance to Plans & Forecasts (Tolerance +/– 10%)
- a). Liaise with Allocations to improve the accuracy of allocation and replenishment.
- Measure: Improvement in Store Stock Covers
- b) Improve Store range availability
- Measure: 95% Availability of Planned Range
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience in similar role – ideally working for a Fashion Retailer.
- Strong Analytical & Numerical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Good attention to detail.
- Be comfortable with large data sets and complex tasks.
- Organised and able to prioritise around tight deadlines
- Take a lead role in assessing and reacting to competition reports supported by price benchmarking matrix. To be reviewed formally each quarter.
- Maintain and develop an assertive, dynamic culture in the team.
- Undertake regular branch visits and provide feedback
- Provide strong and effective leadership on all matters relating to the Department.