Job Ref: TGN4761
An exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated Merchandise Planner to join a dynamic import/wholesale business who specialise in selling their products to large retailers across the UK.
- As the Merchandise Planner for Dropship, you will play a pivotal role in providing comprehensive merchandising support to assigned customers.
- Your main responsibilities will include managing post-sale activities, demand planning, daily trading analysis, and ensuring timely delivery and customer satisfaction. This role demands a proactive and detail-oriented professional who thrives in a standalone position.
- This role is as maternity cover for a 12-month fixed-term contract. This role offers an attractive salary range of £24,000 – £25,000 per annum and is based within a fast-paced environment, reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 + Banks + plus extra days over Christmas and a day off for your birthday.
- Early Friday finish, flexible start and finish times
- Discount on all products
- Free parking and accessible transport links
- Extensive training within the role
- Collaborate with the Buying team to promptly communicate any customer purchase order changes.
- Update and distribute customer-specific reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a precise and up-to-date sales order book on the company’s ERP system, including critical information such as dates, margins, quantities, and prices.
- Liaise with prominent supermarket chains, such as Shop Direct, Curry’s, Studio, and more, via email correspondence.
- Notify customers promptly regarding product shortages or any changes to availability.
- Ensure accurate database management by adding or removing products as they go live, cross-referencing with the system.
- Monitor customer forecast models, maintaining optimal in-stock levels, and reporting any out-of-stock issues.
- Prepare and publish daily and weekly trading reports, highlighting trends, potential out-of-stock issues, and identifying stock depletion and replenishment needs.
- Utilize customer data to analyse sales, place rebuys when necessary, and raise all received forecasts to the company’s ERP system (MS Navision)
- Cross-reference forecasts and catalogue reserves during stock builds, comparing against sales history, and flag any significant changes for discussion with the sales account manager and customer.
- Monitor customer portals to track forecast accuracy and predict reduced forecasts based on stock availability.
- Merchandising/demand planning experience would be ideal.
- Experience within an import/export/fmcg/supply chain business would be ideal
- Excellent analytical/forecasting and Excel skills essential
- Excellent customer care skills with a focus on providing exceptional service.