Industry: Ladieswear and Menswear
Job Ref: TGM1707
An established and leading Men’s and Boyswear company require a Designer to join the team. You will have experience in designing various products including woven and denim. You will be happy to encompass various duties from the design to photoshoots/editing and work within a team environment.
A small, busy, friendly team who work together on various projects, be it seasonal collections, MTO products for certain customers, or new projects. Our environment is very close and friendly, and we want people who like to feel at home when at work.
- Capacity to design, in a team, multi category menswear ranges that encompasses tailoring.
- Creation of seasonal ranges in line with brief and budget. We believe in evolution, not revolution.
- Work closely with senior management and relevant team members to inspire buyers and build strong, long term relationships.
- Work closely with directors/sales team to understand the budget and how to strategically design into the customer’s price point.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction and able to produce professional design packs with annotations to provide factory correct understanding.
- Maintaining email correspondence with fabric mills, production agents, factory representatives through the sampling stages, and recording vital information which will be passed to the sales team/production manager as needed.
- Understanding sales and cost effective design.
- Communicate with factories to ensure correct understanding is being relayed across in design packs from customer vision to samples factory will produce.
- Responsible for arranging and attending meetings as necessary.
- Taking part in design discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Talking through new conceptual ideas and making them into commercial designs which has the impact to be selected by the customer.
- Mid-Level Designer with a minimum of 3 years similar / relevant experience.
- Share new ideas and developments with the team from comp shops or provided by customers and strive for maintaining our core identity while evolving product.
- Manage your workspace, be tidy and organized.
- Adheres to all compliance requirements i.e. health & safety, security and ensures safe use of all IT systems and equipment
- Confident in a fast-paced design environment working to deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Highly organized with problem solving skills
- Attend inspirational shopping trips/ factory visits
- Strong verbal communication skills