Job Ref: TGM1716
An established fashion supplier are seeking an Import / Logistics clerk to join their growing team. You will have knowledge of liaising with airlines and shipping lines, an understanding of imports procedures and clearance requirements The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm. The ideal candidate must have experience in a similar role with logistics, shipping or orders departments and will have good customer communication and the ability to work under pressure.
- Working within the Logistics team.
- Monitoring import arrivals, communicating with customers warehouses and keeping databases.
- Coordinating with the Sales/Merchandising teams, factories, and external logistics support companies to fulfil on time deliveries.
- To review all necessary import shipping documentation.
- Liaise with freight forwarding agents and internal teams.
- Ensure that all databases and paperwork are accurately processed and maintained.
- Processing pre-alerts and booking in deliveries.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have experience in a similar role within logistics, shipping or similar.
- Must have previous experience of import freight shipping and knowledge of Customs procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office – Particularly Excel & Outlook.
- Strong administration and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organised.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Enthusiastic and determined, with a positive attitude.
- A problem solver with a pro-active approach.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365 or similar ERP systems would be advantageous.