Job Ref: TGM1769
A well-established, global fashion company are currently looking for a Sales Manager/ Business Development Manager to join their growing and dynamic team. The main purpose of the role is to prospect for new customers and build a genuine, robust and deliverable pipeline by using social media, networking, cold calling, or any other means of generating interest from prospective clients. He/she must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will result in profitable closed new business for the company. Developing a rapport with prospective clients is a key part of the job role. This is for a knitwear company and knitwear experience is required.
- Prospect and identify potential new prospect customers
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Identify and meet potential clients and decision makers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Present the business to potential clients; ensure their knowledge on the business’ capabilities and services are relevant and up to date
- Use tools such as social media to research and build relationships with new clients
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with internal global BD and Operational teams to develop proposals and pricing the solution/service that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives; proceed timely submissions
- Building close and effective working relationships with a network of contacts within prospective customers
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements and solutions globally; develop and negotiate contracts and integrate contract requirements with business operations
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation and transition to Account Management team upon new business is awarded
- Present the business updates to the leadership team and other interested stakeholders
- Screen potential RFI/RFP’s by analysing tender information and evaluating internal fit and recommend next steps
- Analyse data received from prospect customers and present them with an optimal and cost-efficient solution
- Collaborate with Project Team, Cost Modelling and Operations teams to build an optimal solution; present findings and recommendations
- Attend industry functions such as events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and trends
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Business Development role
- Knitwear experience working with a retailer or fashion supplier
- Strong skillset in Sales within a Business Development role and be able to demonstrate significant experience in the supply chain/global warehousing & distribution/integrated freight management services knowledge
- Vertical exposures to Fashion & lifestyle, retails or FMCG will be an advantage
- Strong ability to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures and countries
- Results oriented approach with excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as experience communicating and influencing with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Further additional second language is an advantage.
- Open to travel abroad.