Location: North West
Industry: Soft Furnishings
Job Ref: TGN4766
We are looking for a Senior / Head of Buying – Hybrid to join a successful design lead Home Décor company, supplying high quality products Online and to the High Street. We are ideally looking for somebody with strong commerciality, product development experience and experience of sourcing factories to deliver a wide range of homeware products to the market. You will be responsible for providing strategic direction on product categories and assisting internal stakeholders both on domestic and international markets. The company is fast paced and energetic and would suit someone who is looking to make an impact and contribute to a talented team.
- Lead the buying strategy for the organisation ensuring the company produces commercial, yet profitable product ranges.
- Managing strategy, profit margins and demand planning for projected sales
- Mentoring and supporting a team of Buyers and Assistants
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to drive the selling plan and optimise sales.
- Lead product development meetings and facilitate design selection of ranges.
- Ensure effective supplier relationships to support business growth and strong commercial relationships.
- Ensure the company has a comprehensive understanding of market performance which will include a continuous assessment of the consumer, customer, supplier, and competitor landscape.
- Develop close and collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders- quality, operations, design, and commercial teams.
- Attending trade shows and visiting factories when required
- Budget accountability for your area of responsibility
- Comprehensive understanding and intimate knowledge of supply chain within home décor sector
- Comprehensive experience of strategic development and management of sourcing and procurement strategies
- Broad experience achieved in both a large corporate and SME industries.
- Knowledge of far-east supply chain and supply chain development
- Senior leadership and capability to both develop and successfully implement product and supply chain development.
- Experience of working with cross functional team.
- Comprehensive understanding of the costs, quality and other key attributes which are associated with the supply and development of your product category.
- Good commercial acumen