Job Ref: TGN4816
We are looking for a Head of Buying & Supply Chain – Hybrid to join an FMCG company, supplying products Online and to the High Street. We are ideally looking for somebody with strong commerciality and buying experience to deliver a wide range of products to the market. You will be providing strategic direction on product categories, responsible for leading internal stakeholders both on domestic and international markets across the full supply chain process. The company is fast paced and energetic and would suit someone who is looking to make an impact on a growing business, contributing to a talented team.
- Full responsibility of the Buying department across all category areas
- Leading the buying strategy for the organisation ensuring the company produces commercial, yet profitable product ranges.
- Responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of multiple product categories
- Implementation and management of end-to-end best practice including QA, sourcing, supply chain and warehousing.
- Annual budget preparation and analysis
- Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders to drive the business plan and optimise sales.
- Lead product development meetings and facilitate design selection of ranges.
- Ensure effective supplier relationships to support business growth.
- Ensure the company has a comprehensive understanding of market performance which will include a continuous assessment of the consumer, customer, supplier, and competitor landscape.
- Attending trade shows and visiting factories when required
- Previous experience of driving and growing a business category area
- Comprehensive understanding and intimate knowledge of supply chain
- Comprehensive experience of strategic development and management of sourcing and procurement strategies
- Broad experience achieved in both a large corporate and SME industries.
- Knowledge of far-east supply chain and supply chain development
- Senior leadership and capability to both develop and successfully implement product and supply chain development.
- Experience of working with cross functional team.
- Good commercial acumen