Job Ref: TGN4892
A successful Outdoor Clothing retailer are looking for a Garment Technologist to join their team.
This role will require a good communicator who can liaise with clients both in the UK and overseas, throughout the production process. This is an exciting opportunity to kick start a career within design and product development or to further enhance your existing experience in a successful well-known brand.
- Responsible for producing detailed size specifications for all new artwork and ensuring all garments are fitted with designers and issuing updated size specifications.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure requirements are fulfilled.
- Working closely with Buying and Design to progress effective product development and to proactively manage quality assurance.
- Ensuring that standards and specifications are kept up to date, and that these are effectively communicated internally and externally.
- Checking and approving sample garments and making any changes needed, including correcting faults.
- Making sure garments are delivered on time and in good condition.
- Building up a good working relationship with suppliers
- Making sure garments can be produced within budget.
- Risk assessing products in terms of safety and analyse test reports.
- Knowledge of updating and reviewing supplier manuals in line with new legislations
- Experience working with suppliers, both in the UK and overseas
- Good analytical skills with the ability to produce clear reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with internal stakeholders and corresponding management
- Experience requesting and approving test reports for new products
- Ability to work independently whilst taking ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence both verbally and written.
- Strong attention to detail
- Working in a busy team
- Fast paced environment, adaptable and not afraid of change
- Experience in pattern cutting and grading.