An exciting opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist to join a leading supplier to various UK mid-market high street retailers of Kidswear with a particular emphasis on jerseywear and wovens.
Job Ref: TGM1770
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist to join a leading supplier to various UK mid-market high street retailers of Kidswear with a particular emphasis on jerseywear and wovens. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and design led but commercial, forward-thinking company. Must have worked with similar clients to NEXT
Working hours 9-5pm
Long term career progression
Established company of 30 years
- Ensure product performance requirements are established and maintained through supplier education, testing and monitoring.
- Agree manufacturing methods are achievable in bulk production, resulting in products that will perform to requirements after purchase.
- Apply appropriate methods of communication with supplier bases, showing initiative and creative thinking where necessary to solve problems.
- Prepare fit comments / size specs and graded size specs for the factory further to customer fit comments/ internal fit comments.
- Prepare test requirements on all of your orders and send to the laboratory, along with approving all test reports before these are submitted to the supplier and manufacturers.
- Undertake supplier visits to improve quality standards, improve working relationships and increase personal knowledge of manufacturing capabilities/developments.
- Understand pattern amendments.
- Be strong in front of customers / buyers and factories with the ability to say NO when something is not correct.
- Must have worked in a similar role as a Garment Technologist for a minimum of 2 years
- Must have experience in Childrenswear – jersey and wovens.
- Must have worked with similar clients to NEXT
- Thorough knowledge of garment construction and the fitting process.
- Good knowledge of fabric testing standards and care labelling.
- Highly organised
- PC literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of developing product for fit, quality and performance.
- Some knowledge of garment wash techniques/ processes.
- A good understanding of garment production systems.
- Strong communication and influencing at all levels.
- Good planning and org skills, able to change plans in line with business needs.
- Ability to risk analyse product.