Job Ref: TGM1659
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist to join an established clothing company who supply the High Street retailers. The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree and 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Reporting to and working alongside the Technical Manager and Fabric Tech Manager.
- Ensure that garments are being produced to the required quality standard
- Measuring garments and ensuring that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
- Discussing new designs with the design department and Merchandisers and help decide on the best way to manufacture them.
- Work out size specifications and plan how new garments will be made up by producing initial and graded size charts.
- Monitoring the production of sample garments and initiate any changes to the designs to fit manufacturing requirements.
- Liaising with customers and clients and work with Far East Factories and high street stores.
- Liaising with colleagues with regards to ideas and changes that can be made to improve the garment.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Ideally have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- Experience working with factories abroad in particular Turkey and the far east.
- Working knowledge of testing and fabric performance requirements.
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle due to location.
- Ideally have worked for a supplier.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative.
- Ability to travel as and when required to meet with Buyers and suppliers.