Job Ref: TGM1776
A Footwear Designer is required to join an established supplier to high street retailers and supermarkets. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody with license / character design experience to join a highly successful company.
- Designing footwear for high street retailers and supermarkets.
- Deliver clear trends and designs that are well researched with supporting information and satisfy the brief
- Helping to develop seasonal ranges.
- Working with the Designers to ensure ranges are on trend whilst keeping to customer requirements.
- Working on briefs, technical packs and trend boards.
- Attending design meetings.
- CAD work.
- Following products through to sampling.
- Liaising with overseas factories
- Working to critical paths.
- Trips overseas for trend research and trend analysis
- 2- 3 years minimum experience within a similar design position is required.
- Fashion related degree is essential.
- Sound Knowledge of the UK footwear market
- Experience of travel for both sourcing and development trips
- Experienced at hand drawn design and competency in design programmes such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Procreate
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Creative with a commercial eye.
- Hardworking and good at multi-tasking.
- Organised and self motivated team player.
- Strong communication skills with a passion for the industry and enthusiasm for the product