Job Ref: TGS1528
Our client is a fashion brand specialising in unique ladieswear – specifically soft separates including dresses, tops, skirts etc. They are now seeking a Fabric Technologist to join the team who has worked in the industry, has testing experience and is used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- To ensure all fabrics on our orders/PO’s have relevant testing.
- Chase mills/suppliers for existing test reports
- Cross referencing testing available on system – if expired request new reports
- Sending out fabric to testing labs where necessary or submission forms to mills/suppliers to carryout testing.
- Staying on top of pending reports and chasing lab for test reports
- Liaising with production team – prioritising urgent styles ensuring no delays.
- Working with the Design, Production and Technical team ensuring fabrics etc are fit for purpose.
- Working on products from initial design through to the final product.
- Being able to have the initiative to order washcares based on testing for all wording
- To ensure all washcares are ordered in advance of delivery using both internal system and external systems.
- Using Datalink system to upload testing to component sheets and updated against PAS for each style number.
- Communicating with various stakeholders including customers and departments to ensure testing is approved on all PAS’s.
- Minimum 2 years experience within a Fabric Technologist role
- Previous experience gained either with a UK High Street supplier or retailer as a Fabric Technologist
- Knowledge and experience of fitting garments/products.
- Full IT literate including Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.