Job Ref: TGN487
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Fabric/ Quality Technician to join a market leader in the Textiles industry working with some of the biggest names in the UK retail and contractor sector. You will support the team by managing all Quality aspects of product development and on time delivery of a suitable end product to the customer. This includes liaising with both internal colleagues, external suppliers and customers. Ensure the critical path deadlines are met and any issues are resolved & communicated in a timely manner to the team.
- Flexible hybrid home working,
- New Product Development
- Accountable for all documentation after handover from design to ensure all details are accurate
- Working alongside the QC manager to risk assess new products for suitability to end use.
- Support the Design team prior to product sign off with technical advice, risk assessment and testing.
- Work with the relevant merchandiser to ensure on time delivery of products and any QC issues are clearly communicated
- Sample management
- Management of all Textiles samples arriving into the business
- Sample sealing, checking bulk fabrics with the QC inspector to ensure they are correct and issuing comments to the supplier
- Organisation of sample hangers, keeping a log of sample approvals/rejections
- Inspection of bulk fabrics submitted for colour & quality approval, completing the relevant paperwork, file updating, and maintaining the QC hanger.
- QC Tracker maintenance
- Ensuring all new product development information is inputted onto the QC Tracker.
- Liaise with Designers & Merch teams to establish relevant.
- Quality Inspection & Customer Reviews
- Ensure the QC Inspector is aware of the new fabrics due to arrive & handover any issues during development for consideration in bulk inspection.
- Assist with bulk inspections as and when required. Be aware of the shipping schedule and dates goods are due to arrive.
- Deliver the QC inspectors reports to the supplier, agree corrective actions /rework if required with the QC Manager
- Agree at the product handover which tests are required and action these tests.
- Maintain testing budget and prioritizing in conjunction with QC manager.
- Interpretation of test results
- Implementing new tests, and liaising with test houses, for customer special request.
- Factory Audit Compliance
- Ensure all suppliers have provided the necessary Supplier forms, audit reports and supporting documents.
- Have experience in a similar role – fashion or homeware.
- Enthusiastic team player, with a proactive approach, good communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Organized, and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Confident to make decisions and take responsibilities, yet unafraid to seek advice.
- A desire for continuous product excellence, and improvements
- IT literate – Microsoft office
- Ability to undertake site visits as required.