Job Ref: TGN4843
An exciting opportunity for an Experienced Import Merchandiser to join a young fashion, fast paced Ladieswear supplier based in Central Manchester. For this role, we need someone with experience who can hit the ground running as an Import Merchandiser with your own accounts (New Look). You will need a strong understanding of the Merchandising process but will be trained on the internal system and processes. The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role and be eager to progress their career in the fashion industry.
- Central Manchester location
- Flexible working hours (start & end times)
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by 1 each year up to 25 days
- Exciting fashion product
- Manage orders using the critical path from start to finish.
- Manage your own fast paced fashion accounts.
- Liaise with the factory and customer on a daily basis.
- Reading and digesting each specific customer manual, ensuring the factory is clear on the requirements and providing support where necessary.
- Working direct with factories in Pakistan / China / Bangladesh
- Reviewing approvals internally before submitting to the customer and chasing for comments, then issuing the approval comments to the factories / requesting any resubmissions.
- Working closely with the account manager and highlighting any issues or problems as they occur.
- Raising purchase orders and issuing to the factories, adding this information to the critical path
- Assisting the factories with the shipping process, ensuring the correct bookings are made and chasing for shipping documents.
- Compiling shipping document packs and approving for payment with the internally shipping / accounts team.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have 3-4 years’ experience in Merchandising.
- MUST have managed the Critical Path.
- Strong IT skills – especially Excel skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Be organised with good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise where required.