Job Ref: TGN4908
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Bedding Designer to work for an established brand, during a very exciting period of growth. The company supply a wide range of textile products and are looking to recruit someone who will work as part of a dynamic team. You will be responsible for enhancing their brands and private label business by driving design innovation, capturing trends and identifying key colour developments. Ensuring implementation of all design projects on time and in line with their price architecture.
The role is hybrid, 2 – 3 days in the office.
Holidays 25 + Banks
Reporting to the Design Manager, the role is responsible for the creation of designs that are visually outstanding and push the boundaries of creativity working at the mid to high end of the customer market.
- Creating exciting designs and colourways in CAD form
- Presenting confidently to customers and internal stakeholders
- Working closely with key customers on exclusive designs to their brief and their timetable
- Working on own brand portfolio including towels, bedlinen and bed accessories.
- Working on designs for both the UK and varied export markets
- Following design trends and adapting them to product areas, in order to generate compelling trend resources.
- Briefing suppliers in detail to allow them to produce samples.
- Managing the development of samples from key suppliers
- Adhering to the business’ critical path for each project
- Approval of factory submissions from strike offs/lab dips through to full samples
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new design and production techniques and textile technology
- Working closely with our Product Development team to ensure efficient bulk production of products
- Sourcing fabrics and techniques through supplier visits overseas and global trade fairs
- Dressing trade shows and showrooms in the UK and abroad,
- Liaising with our Marketing team to plan photography requirements, samples required for trade shows etc
- Assisting the Marketing team by providing information on the inspiration behind designs and collections to create product copy
- Assisting the Product Development team by providing CADs of packaging requirements such as insert cards and care labels
- Strong CAD skills specifically in AVA, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent drawing skills and a flair for using colour creatively
- Excellent presentation skills: creating strong visual presentation material and the ability to speak confidently about design concepts.
- Ability to manage a busy workload, strong organisational skills are a must as is the ability to juggle competing demands within the role
- The ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with everyone from overseas suppliers through to key customers
- Diligent and organized approach to maintaining records of approvals and developments
- Passion for textiles and a desire to keep learning about this exciting product area
- Commercial acumen with ability to understand pricing architecture for target business.
- Previous experience in a commercial environment, preferably Retail or Brands.
- Willingness to undertake global travel.
- Experience of planning and dressing trade fairs is an advantage
- Experience of working with Marketing and PR functions is an advantage
- Experience of using Microsoft Office programs