Job Ref: TGM1710
An exciting opportunity for a Design Assistant to join a Fashion Supplier & Brand who work with ASOS, BooHoo and PLT. You will be responsible for supporting the Design team in designing and developing new ranges across our Womenswear collections. We want you to be passionate about occasion wear from party pieces to dressing the whole bridal party. The ideal candidate would be keen to learn new skills including print, embroidery, and embellishment design. This is an office-based role & the working hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
- Support the Design team producing creative multi-product designs that represent the latest trends.
- Attend client meetings to assist Senior Designers.
- Full responsibility of requesting new fabrics and trims from suppliers, organise and file fabrics.
- Assist in completing look-books.
- Research new brands, designers, and trends.
- Take photos, hang, and file new samples when they arrive.
- Upkeep of sample showrooms.
- Assist in photoshoots.
- Look after ordering samples and the return process.
- Keep track on any samples that will be sent to any customers or factories.
- Attend fit meetings with the QC team.
- Ability to produce accurate tech packs.
- Daily contact with third parties including the Far East.
- Manual Pattern Cutting
- Other duties as required.
- Have a degree in Fashion Design or similar.
- Fully CAD literate including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials is desirable.
- Target driven with a passion for fashion and the confidence to grow and develop.
- Ability to produce technical sheets for manufacturing products.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Highly organised with good time management skills.