Job Ref: TGS1537
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer who has womenswear experience working with and reporting to the Head of Buying. You will deliver commercial viable ranges that meet departmental and company sales and profit targets, while maintaining a strategic business focus and working closely with senior management.
- You will have experience working within womenswear and responsibility for product area to plan, strategise and product development.
- Deliver department growth and expansion, hitting agreed margin targets and company KPI’s.
- Source, select and negotiate with suppliers to obtain optimum product, prices and terms of contract.
- Work alongside merchandiser to deliver, trade and build the best commercial collections, ensuring that the thought process and plan for the range/options is clear taking into account all factors including profit, best and worst, etc.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers to maintain and improve profitability and quality of product range.
- Identify and develop seasonal product strategies which focus on performance, customer requirements, marketing plans and current and future market trends.
- Accountable for the critical path, ensuring the Head of Buying sign off ranges and product styling in line with deadlines and business objectives.
- Oversee the management of the critical path carrying out approvals and garment fits, dealing with any queries, to ensure shipment dates are met and availability is maximized.
- Plans and prioritises time to support their team, accountable for their coaching and development, giving them the tools and encouragement to be the best they can be and to lead by example.
- Influences senior management, challenging their views and adding value to their thinking by offering new ideas and solutions.
- Uses knowledge of economic and social trends and discusses ways to potentialise, making valuable recommendations to senior management.
- Must have a minimum of 4 – 5 years within a Buying role – primarily within ladies jersey.
- Have passion for ladies fashion industry
- Experience and understanding of supply chain – issues/costs/lead times etc
- Negotiation skills
- Line management and team development experience
- Easily build rapport and initiate strong relationships within all stakeholders including Merchandisers, Techs and designers