Job Ref: TGM1704
Our client, an established UK Fashion supplier are seeking a qualified Assistant Management Accountant to join the team. You will be working within a fast growing and dynamic business. The business is profitable and expecting a very exciting period of growth. This role will be responsible for managing the day to day finance functions and reporting to the Management Accountant.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts; P&L, Balance Sheet (including reconciliations)
- Daily and weekly KPI’s, including customer sales analysis compared to budget/forecast and prior year
- Control the Fixed Assets register
- Record and Summarise Royalties due in month on Sales
- Some input in Accruals and Prepayments
- Reconciling all NJ bank accounts and assigning sales invoices on to the company invoice financing facility
- Preparation and processing of quarterly VAT return
- Control standard costs for materials and labour; report on purchase price variance (PPV)
- Assisting the Management Accountant with statutory accounts/external audits; budgets & forecasts; cash flow projections
- Shared Responsibility for Sales Ledgers of NJ
- Dealing with around 12 customers transactions
- Invoices, Credits and Payments
- Logging transactions on customers portals
- Produce customer debtor report.
- AAT qualified / ACCA or CIMA Part Qualified
- Strong Excel skills are essential; Pivot Tables; graphs & charts; “Vlookup”& “Hlookup” formulas; conditional formatting
- Microsoft Word & Outlook knowledge
- ERP System knowledge (preferably Syspro)
- Have the desire to learn and get involved in projects and improvements.
- Be self-motivated, have the can do attitude and hands on approach
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels throughout the business
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and deadlines
- Organised with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good level of experience in Accounts Receivables and month end processes.