Job Ref: TGN4341
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sourcing and Product Development Manager to join the Product Team of an established and successful soft furnishings company working with leading High Street Retailers including John Lewis, Tesco & Next. You will contribute to the sourcing and development of product across the brand portfolio, from design brief stage, through the whole product development process, to “ready to buy” status and delivery to the customers.
- 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Finish at 3pm on a Friday
- Casual dress code
- Working closely with the Product Development, Merchandising & Quality teams.
- Product development.
- International Freight costs and performance.
- Communicate with a global supply base in a professional and accurate way, verbally and in writing.
- Brief factories and keep abreast of factory developments in line with the critical path.
- Support Design team, from design brief to shipment, tracking, checking, feeding back on samples.
- Manage the sample process and be aware of any costs incurred.
- Ensure quality of product with the Design team & signing off products prior to bulk production.
- Request and negotiate best costs to contribute to business target margins.
- Communicate and present costs and product details internally, including to senior management.
- Maintain range plans with product costs and details.
- Set up new lines on internal systems & ensuring the correct information is input.
- Create production specs once developments have been signed off.
- Liaise with key customers on ‘made to order’ and exclusive product outside of main ranges.
- Carry out market research and competitor analysis.
- Plan and organise meetings as required internal and external as required.
- Liaise with Marketing Team in preparation for trade shows and photo shoots.
- Assist in preparation of price lists for trade shows and sales team.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Sourcing / Product Development.
- Ideally have knowledge of Home Textiles / Bedding / Towels.
- Preferably educated to degree level.
- Organised with excellent time management skills.
- Able to work under pressure in fast paced environment.
- Confident and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.