Job Ref: TGN4582
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Textiles Technologist to join an established home textiles company. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within a successful and progressive company.
- You will report into the Technical Manager.
- Strengthen the technical knowledge expertise within your product area.
- You will work closely with offshore suppliers, building relationships and improving standards.
- Work according to the critical path launch process and deadlines and risk assessments.
- Ensure that products are fit for purpose, meet customer standards and meet legal requirements.
- Will be required to lead product development and projects.
- Manage user trials and innovation projects for new developments.
- Manage customer complaints and product improvements as required.
- Will be required to conduct regular comp shops and analysis of products on the market.
- Analysis and approval of samples and lap dips.
- Write, understand and work according to technical specifications.
- Attend supplier visits in the Far East/ other countries.
- Other duties as required.
- Ideally have technical knowledge of weaving / print / dye / finishing / embroidery.
- Ideally be educated to degree level in a relevant area.
- Knowledge of textiles manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of industry legislation, ethical standards, technical manuals & policies.
- Have a good understanding of testing, performance and safety standards.
- Understanding of quality management systems & colour continuity.
- Be a problem solver with good communication skills.
- Confident in developing customer relationships & business development opportunities.