Job Ref: TGN4592
Our team is dedicated, ambitious and hardworking and with a prestigious portfolio of global partners and a rapidly growing e-commerce team, we are now looking for a Senior Garment Technologist to join an influential team and take your career to the next level.
- Working on the fit & quality of the garments from 1st sample through to production handover.
- Creating detailed tech packs communicating all required construction, finishes & specifications for factories to follow
- Working across multi product for womenswear
- Accurate measuring and checking of the quality of samples in preparation for fit meetings
- Attending fit meetings and relaying findings, proactively offering suggestions/solutions to improve product embedding the brand the brands quality expectations
- Foreseeing and eliminating any potential production issues in line with critical path
- Making appropriate updates to tech packs with any amendments to finishes/trims/required measurements & supporting design team
- Working alongside in-house pattern cutters to problem solve & ensure patterns are up to date and ready for grading
- Making clear and concise comments, using diagrams & videos where necessary, for manufacturers to follow
- Clearly communicating with manufacturers to ensure changes are implemented correctly, whilst building and maintaining strong relationships
- Visiting UK & Far East factories to hand over comments and solve technical issues where required
- Accurate completion of size charts and approval of grading
- Creating technical drawings using Illustrator
- Contributing to the development of more junior team members and supporting them where applicable to resolve problems.
- Having an overview of all styles in work, supporting the GT Manager to ensure critical path is adhered to
- Helping to create and develop product standards/manuals and ensuring these are maintained with factories
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working within a similar role.
- Experience working in all ladieswear categories.
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting
- Comprehensive understanding of grading
- Ability and confidence to lead fit sessions
- Ability to work with all areas of the business focus on design & QC team
- Understanding & able to practice best measures to support with the brands returns strategy & set KPI’s
- Experience of working with both factories UK & Far EAST
- Exceptional attention to detail & quality
- Understanding key product testing requirements & implementing accordingly with compliance team
- Previous high-end/luxury experience would be desirable
- Highly organised and able to prioritise a busy workload methodically
- Excellent communicator and team player must liaise daily with suppliers
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional day of annual leave for your birthday
- Enhanced Family-Friendly policies
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- 40% staff discount
- Free coffee and snacks
- Free On-site parking
- Access to a free on-site gym