Job Ref: TGS1479
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Designer to join a leading supplier of ladieswear to high street retailers. You will have worked within ladies woven’s and jersey and supplied to mid- to high end retailers e.g., Zara and River Island and have strong commercial awareness. Please note this is initially a maternity cover.
- Designing multi product woven’s, jersey and soft garments.
- Working on high street accounts.
- Working with the Design team to ensure that trend and colour information is produced for the strategy providing choice for customers.
- Action comments made from customer meetings for the final fit/ styling amends.
- Ensuring all designs are interpreted correctly prior to production.
- Monitoring and evaluating sources of inspiration in the industry and wider markets leading to product opportunities ensuring they are incorporated into the ranges.
- Regularly review competitors.
- Minimum of 5 years working within a similar role.
- Strong commercial awareness and be up to date with current trends.
- Full knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- Ability to fully understand customer requirements.
- Production of design specifications suitable for factories to understand.
- Fully computer literate with strong handwriting capabilities.