Job Ref: TGM1600
An experienced Sales Manager is needed to join a leading fashion supplier. The company have robust and long-standing relationships with high street retailers, premium clothing bands and major supermarket clothing brands as well as a growing presence in the licensed product and Accessories area. They need somebody who is able to support growth and new direction with a proven sales track record in the retail sector.
- Support Key Account Managers to develop and grow major high street retail accounts
- Take ownership of product categories and work collaboratively with Buyers to drive sales growth
- Identify and present opportunities in new and existing customer departments and product categories; as well as seeking and bringing on board new business
- Manage licensed DTR approvals from initial order through to delivery, in conjunction with the Licensing and Design Team
- Regular travel required to customer premises (subject to travel restrictions)
- Maintain and develop key / new customer departments through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Manage product, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Gathering market and customer information and providing feedback on future buying trends.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities.
- Negotiating variation in price, delivery and specifications with production when necessary.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities.
- Plan, carry out and support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g. product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- To work in conjunction with our Licensed partner to help them achieve their targets where garment blanks and UK printing are concerned.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Awareness of the Company Recycling and Environmental Issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years sales experience, with a proven track record of success within apparel and/or accessories sales
- Experienced with good knowledge and understanding of Licensed products
- Recent relationships within the High Street retail or supermarket sector (preferably to include George, Next, New Look) would be advantageous
- Confident and competent in communicating at all levels, both verbally and in writing; delivering a compelling sales message.
- Focussed and driven on achieving the highest standards of customer service alongside achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Numerate, able to analyse and utilise data.
- Confident in working closely with designers, collating and managing design briefs
- Creative mindset, trend driven and aware of popular culture
- Intermediate level ability – Microsoft packages
- Driving license essential