Job Ref: TGS1462
A fantastic lifestyle & apparel brand are looking for a Purchasing Administrator to join their team
This is a key role within the company, being responsible for purchasing all of the goods needed as directed by the client team and resources needed for the smooth running of our busy studio. Reporting to the Studio Manager, being responsible for the purchasing process from sourcing new suppliers to approving invoices for payment. Our suppliers can be as global as our clients, so experience of dealing with suppliers outside the UK would be useful. Working closely with the client team, you will purchase goods required at the right price and to tight deadlines. Attention to detail is key with a healthy dose of organisation to keep all of the purchasing administration up to date. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous purchasing experience to take on the challenge of working independently to fulfil all of the needs of a growing company
- Communicating and building relationships with existing suppliers to place purchase orders as directed by the client team.
- Finding alternative/new suppliers including, setting up new accounts
- Meeting with suppliers and keeping Client team up to date with new product lines on offer
- Checking and challenging pricing, keeping the system updated with current figures, including continuously updating price changes for main suppliers
- Tracking deliveries and updating client team of delays/problems
- Arranging shipment of goods where required
- Timely communication to suppliers regarding quality issues or returns.
- Checking and logging invoices before passing to accounts for payments
- Ordering goods online and submitting relevant invoices to accounts
- Monitoring levels of studio resources for reorder
- Analytical and organised with data, finances and information.
- A hands-on approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a team.
- Experience with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Confident and driven individual, able to be self-motivated.
- Interest in sportswear, luxury brands, but not essential \ Your Attributes
- 2 years experience in a similar purchasing role
- Experience working with suppliers outside the UK.
- Excellent communication skills on email and phone
- Intermediate or advanced word processing/spreadsheet skills
- Knowledge of Mac and G-Drive beneficial
- Interest in working with luxury brands or clothing is beneficial.