Job Ref: TGS1437
An established and leading Menswear company require an experienced Production Manager to join the team. It is a small, busy, friendly team who work together, and they want people who like to feel at home when at work. They supply independent retailers and boutiques around the UK and overseas and are seeking someone driven and proactive and the job is a mixture of technical, administration, strategy planning, and creating tech packs. Purpose of the role is to instruct the partner factories in what they need to make and manage the process.
- Preparing and updating seasonal production budget.
- Liaising with fabric suppliers (placing orders, negotiating price and lead time).
- Liaising with factories (placing fabric orders, CMT orders, Fully factored orders; negotiating price and lead time).
- Approving fabrics, yarns, strike offs, handlooms
- Leading fit sessions and processing fit & construction comments for production, controlling, and maintaining a block/fit library
- Resolving technical/production issues in pre-production/production stage
- Risk assessment (advise changes where needed to avoid any possible issues in production)
- Maintaining critical path (ensuring fabrics, trims, specifications, orders are processed on time to achieve agreed delivery dates)
- Quality control /resolving customer complaints
- Working closely with the sales and design teams to ensure production is correct, relevant, and suitable
- Taking part in meetings with the design team, sales team, and others
- Possible overseas travel to meet suppliers
- To deliver orders to suppliers, and on time production tech packs to suppliers for production, and manage the production process
- Excellent CAD skills are essential – Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are key.
- Have an understanding of what how to deal with production problems
- Great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and confident
- Have an ability to work to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills with the ability to work in a small team and help wherever required.
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise and multi-task
- Good problem solver with the ability to foresee potential issues arising and find solutions
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Drive continuous improvement