Job Ref: TGM1445
An established Ladies and Men’s fashion manufacturer, who have been operating for over 20 years, have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager. They supply to ladies and men’s fast fashion companies and are looking for a candidate that has worked in the same industry.
- Responsible for ordering fabrics and trims
- Arranging Factory meetings
- Ordering raw materials
- Collating reports from factories
- Supporting the senior management team
- Completing factory export documents and import documents
- Ensuring the high quality of goods ordered and their timely delivery.
- Involved in the full life cycle of products from design and sampling through to delivery.
- Inspecting and measuring samples and providing feedback to factories clearly, ensuring compliance.
- Negotiating and placing bulk orders, ensuring best price and delivery date.
- Constant communication with suppliers via phone and email to ensure production is on track.
- Arranging inspection of bulk production and ensuring quality before shipment.
- Resolving quality issues and enforcing penalties as necessary.
- Checking final deliveries against packing list and production orders.
- Arranging deliveries to clear customs and safely reach the warehouse.
- Ensure all aspects of production departments are operating to target
- Collate and analyse weekly production/delivery reports
- Improve efficiency within the factory and work to expand weekly production capacity
- Oversee compliance of the factories internal and external production
- Manage production, communication and allocation for external factories
- Source and manage all production suppliers i.e. Material suppliers, CMT units etc.
- Good communication, problem solving and people skills
- Must have prior experience managing people and production, preferably internal.
- Sound understanding of the production process for garments
- Sound understanding of garment make-up
- Sound computer skills, and use of office softwares
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar role is essential.
- Must understand critical path management.
- Able to effectively deal with any issues that may arise during the production process and resolve these with suppliers.
- Must have experience of building successful relationships with suppliers, keeping orders on time and trouble shooting on a daily basis.
- Experience in critical path management.
- Highly effective problem resolution skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly determined and motivated, with a proactive and hardworking attitude.
- Ideally be able to drive