Job Ref: TGN4553
A leading supplier of home furnishings is currently seeking a Product Technologist to join their growing team. The company supply retailers including John Lewis, Waitrose, Dunelm & Lakeland. You will be fully involved in the total cradle to grave life span of a range of home furnishing products, ensuring compliance with identified standards. You will be accountable for demonstrating due diligence in the evaluation and approval of agreed product categories, ensuring standards of quality, appearance, durability, safety, functionality, fit for purpose and legal requirements of both the product and the packaging are met at all times. This is an office-based role working Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm, Friday 8.30am – 4pm. This is a 3-month contract.
- Free Parking
- 20 days holiday (increasing by 1 per year) plus bank holidays
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- Life assurance policy
- Employee discounts on product
- Employee Assistance Program
- Working closely with our Sales, Merchandising, Buying, Design Departments.
- Ensuring product and packaging information is available to produce accurate product specifications.
- Produce full technical documentation for issue to the factories.
- Ensuring each product is manufactured & packaged to the highest possible standards.
- Involved with specifications for fabric construction/composition, fabric printing/dyeing/colour, stitching/assembly, folding/packing, care labelling, outer bag, inserts, labelling etc.
- Request pre-production & pre-shipment seal samples for make-up, stitching, pack & dimensions.
- Assess sealed samples & provide technical support directly back to the factories.
- Ensuring critical path milestones are constantly being updated, monitored and target dates met.
- Request, check and grade test reports to ensure products perform to customer requirements.
- Maintain critical path, sample request forms & sealing documents where necessary.
- Provide support and cover for the Senior Technologist as required.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have experience in a similar role within Product Technology.
- Ideally have Technical experience within the home furnishings or textile industry.
- Have a degree in Textiles (or similar).
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Good organisation & time management.
- Strong initiative and proactive approach to all tasks
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to organise and prioritise effectively in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to interpret data and make decisions based on it
- A background of working in a busy office/studio environment with extensive e-mail-based supplier communications.