Location: Manchester – Hybrid
Job Ref: TGN4685
We are looking for a creative Packaging/ Artwork Designer, Hybrid – to join a busy and dynamic head office team in the Retail Childrens Sector. Working in a fast-paced environment, you’ll create packaging artwork across many brands. The ideal candidate will have a strong art working background and a good eye for detail. The company offer an excellent working environment, modern offices and great benefits, including great working hours. You will be joining a highly respected and dynamic company who have seen significant growth year on year and can offer excellent career opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days from home hybrid
- To manage and produce visually appealing Packaging designs across the full range of Products, across EMEA (includes other labelling such wash care)
- Liaise with licensors to create packaging using appropriate style guides and help gain approval for the artwork that they produce.
- Understand how the packaging is produced & print processes to “design for manufacture” ensuring that all designs are achievable and commercially viable.
- Ensure that the requirements of key stakeholders are met in order to reach approved packaging e.g. Licensors, Customers and Sales teams.
- Work with the internal team to ensure that key critical path dates are met on time and in full for each range launch date.
- Specifically create print ready artwork, working with factories and manage the digital print proof (soft copy) stage and final print proof sign off
- Create product renders where required, or FSDU/CDU and other POS sales materials
- Mapping graphics on to product templates to create compelling packaging visuals.
- Ability to artwork for factory production.
- Conduct regular Comp Shops to keep aware of market trends, new packaging styles, & bring new ideas to the team
- Artworking experience including packaging.
- Good level of understanding of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Strong technical knowledge, including print processes and finishes.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding and adhering to strict brand guidelines.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical art working skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple requests, simultaneously.
- A thorough understanding of the various print methods and preparation of print ready artwork files.
- Photoshop retouching skills an advantage but not essential.