Location: Manchester – Hybrid
Job Ref: TGN4544
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a National Account Manager to join an established and successful soft furnishings company working with leading High Street Retailers including John Lewis, Tesco & Next. You will manage and grow Branded and licensed Sales within the UK, and look for new opportunities into all targeted trade channels, in existing & new categories/geographies.
- 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Finish at 3pm on a Friday
- Casual dress code
- Hybrid 2 days in office and 3 days at home (after probation)
- Manage National Accounts and Licensed Accounts for the Brand.
- Main point of contact for assigned customers.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with assigned customers.
- Business Development – seek and open up new business opportunities.
- Responsible for costings and negotiations, budgeting and forecasting of sales.
- Work to achieve budgeted sales and margin in line with business requirements.
- Awareness of market and undertake regular market research to ensure correct products are in place and any opportunities / gaps are identified.
- Present new products and opportunities to customers.
- Ensure customers receive requested products and services in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring correct branding and marketing support is in place.
- Work closely with internal departments: Product Development, Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service, Accounts, Sourcing and Factories to ensure all customer requirements are being serviced.
- Stock forecasting and managing of stock inventory.
- Management of aged debt.
- Maintain records of customer transactions.
- Other duties as required.
- Have 10 years plus experience as a National Account Manager.
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets.
- Ideally have experience in home textiles (Bed and Bath).
- Customer focused with strong account management skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience in sales and customer service.
- Negotiating and meeting customer requirements.
- Working to deadlines.
- Ability to work both alone and part of a wider team.
- IT skills – PowerPoint, Excel, CRM Software & Power Bi.
- Able to travel as needed within UK and to trade shows overseas
- Hold UK Driving Licence