Industry: Ladieswear & Accessories
Job Ref: TGS1406
A Merchandising Manager is needed to join a highly successfully supplier of apparel and accessories to large multiples, wholesalers and e-traders. You will have a minimum of 5 years within the same role OR be ready for the next step in your career and want the move from Senior Merchandiser to Manager with a strong background in the industry,
- Overseeing the full merchandising function.
- Managing 4 junior staff members.
- Maintaining good internal relations with other departments – Account Managers, Product Developers/Designers.
- Monitoring and ensuring good customer relationships are maintained.
- Reporting and working closely with the Managing Director.
- Liaising daily with Far East Factories.
- Attending regular meetings to update team members, ensuring efficiency and addressing any issues before becoming a problem.
- Management of critical path with order updates.
- Meeting invoicing targets
- Inventory control and stock management (fabric/trims etc).
- Cost negotiation and control of products including testing.
- Providing accurate costs on Bill of Materials
- In control of shipping and logistics.
- Daily liaison with customers at various levels including heads of department and decision makers
- Acting as point of contact for key accounts, providing updates and developing strong relationships.
- Analysing 1st samples for styling and production techniques and feedback instruction to factory on how to proceed.
- Feedback all fit comments to factories, ensuring all comments are adhered to for next sample.
- Managing various e-booking platforms including invoicing, packing lists and COO documentation requirements for specific retailers.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years previous experience working for a busy supplier.
- Must have worked within apparel or accessories
- Have managed a team of 3-5 junior staff members
- Exceptional communication, organisational and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of critical paths.
- Experience of liaising with Far East on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of the production cycle.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.