Industry: Ladieswear, Menswear & Childrenswear
Job Ref: TGM1378
An established clothing supplier are seeking an Import Merchandiser to join their growing team. You will be working in the Merchandising team & supporting the Account Manager with day-to-day admin including ensuring that products meet the required deliver dates, margins & standards. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role with strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Good Progression opportunities
- Annual reviews
- Work closely with the Account Manager.
- To raise orders on the internal system and notify country offices / factories as required.
- Input data into the internal shipping spreadsheet for the production and warehousing departments.
- Manage Customer and Licensor approvals to meet critical path.
- Update critical path and send to the customer as required.
- Complete customer work books.
- Complete customer packaging requirements and send to factory.
- Check licensor approvals and upload onto the system.
- Order photographic samples with factories & advise Account Manager of agreed dates for delivery.
- Liaise with the Licensing co-ordinator regarding the development and approval of licensor packaging.
- Check gold seal samples and packaging.
- Attend Handover meetings.
- Send approved design pack to customer and supplier for their reference.
- Check lab dips/strike offs and bulk fabric submissions and send to the customer for approval.
- Agree delivery date with customer.
- Ensure customer contracts match our PO/SO and notify sales of any discrepancies.
- Arrange and lead customer pre-production meetings
- Responsible, along with Technical, for Gold Seal checking procedure & authorising shipments.
- To oversee photographic samples, ensure orders and dates are agreed with the factories.
- Co-ordinate the checking and approval of invoices and packing lists & authorise payment.
- Ensure available stock is ‘called off’ against agreed time frames.
- Meetings with the customer as per agreement with the Account Manager.
- To ensure all paperwork is kept up to date and filed accordingly.
- Assume full responsible for your area in the absence of the Account Manager.
- Observe all Company Rules, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies.
- Any other duties as required.
- Have at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Have strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Has good experience of dealing with High Street customers & Far East factories.
- Have a clean driving license & be willing to travel to client meetings.
- Good communication, planning & organising skills.
- Can work on own initiative and is focused on achieving results.
- Can build relationships easily.
- Meticulous/pays attention to detail.