Job Ref: TGN4444
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Merchandise Manager to lead a well-established, high functioning merchandise team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, diverse, and dynamic organisation which is the largest in its sector during a very exciting period of growth. The right candidate will have the opportunity to experience personal growth and development. You will provide leadership, coaching and direction; manage all aspects of stock control, supplier management, ordering and replenishment. You will drive improved performance and customer experience through exceptional stock management.
- Manage a small team of merchandisers including a team in our offshore office, monitoring performance, and setting KPI’s
- Managing the team to ensure the right stock is in the right place, at the right time.
- Supporting the team to help prioritise workload to ensure goals are achieved.
- Commercial Stock Knowledge
- Working with our buying teams to support and facilitate new product development whilst maintaining range planning techniques
- Take a proactive and lead role in the recommendation and decision making about product launch and life cycle stages.
- Manage purchases and stock levels, in line with stock targets
- Guidance & Input around Forecasting process and category management
- Availability analysis: Create and track range performance, whilst monitoring stock levels and ensuring availability for customers
- Be a team player and work across departments within the company to achieve the same aims and goals.
- Supplier management: working with the buying and technical teams to ensure our suppliers are consistently meeting our expectations and growing with us.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Freight forwarders. Have a sound understanding of freight logistics, shipment paperwork and customs.
- Due to the nature and seniority of this role, occasionally you will be required to be away from the office, visiting factories.
- Merch experience essential
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience of decision making & achieved results
- Excellent attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel Skills