Job Ref: TGN4492
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Menswear Designer to join an exceptionally forward thinking fast fashion brand. You will be responsible for creating creative and fashion focused designs keeping in mind the style of the brand aimed at age range 16 – 30. The role is to work across accounts like ASOS, Zalando and Footasylum plus branded.
- Designing menswear clothing across multi-products.
- Working with the Design Manager to ensure that trend and colour information is produced for the department in line with company, divisional and department strategy providing choice for customers.
- Ensure all designs are interpreted correctly prior to production.
- Monitoring and evaluating sources of inspiration in the industry and wider markets leading to product opportunities ensuring they are incorporated into the ranges.
- Regularly review competitors.
- Work closely with Buying and Merchandising to build the range and understand customer requirements.
- Daily contact with QC/Technologists regarding the development of fit, style and overall quality.
- Ensure that department trend and colour info is produced, communicated and distributed internally to other functions.
- Design Graduate
- Commercial experience working in Menswear.
- Full knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- The ability to fully understand customer requirements.
- Production of design specifications suitable for factories to understand.
- Must be fully computer literate with strong handwriting capabilities.