Job Ref: TGS1429
Our client is an established supplier to the food industry and are seeking a Materials Planner who is able to work well in a team or on their own to join the team. With the knowledge and experience of managing the supply of a range of SKU’s to ensure supply meets demand effectively you will have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within the food industry.
- Plan stock levels of finished goods to be stored in the UK of selected SKU range
- Raising purchase orders in accordance with firm and forecasted demand according to the stocking policy and agreed volumes.
- To forecast demand when raising purchase orders and to share with other team members including account managers, ensuring agreement prior to confirming the orders
- To attend regular meetings and maintain a good level of communication with our 3rd party packers and internal colleagues
- To manage raw materials and packaging levels at 3rd party sites to ensure consistent supply of key customers and own brand SKU’s
- To agree timeframes of orders and maintain PO information such as shipping status and delivery status
- To proactively expedite orders.
- To be aware of storage space, capacity and capital requirements where applicable.
- To run various scheduled and ad-hoc reports where required
- To provide cover during absence for the Senior supply chain administrator
- Other ad hoc duties in support of the supply chain team
- Educated to A level or degree standard
- Knowledge of ERP systems – planning software in particular
- Ability to effectively liaise with suppliers and customers on a daily basis.
- Excellent PC skills – knowledge of Microsoft applications, must be excel competent.
- Ability to use and understand planning systems.
- Ability to understand and where possible make processes more efficient.
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage although not essential.
- Analytical skills