Location: London – Field Based
Job Ref: TGS1440
Our client is an established High Street Retailer with over 100 stores. They now urgently require a Loss Prevention Manager with Health and Safety experience to join them on a primarily field-based role. You will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance across all branch and Head Office functions of the brand in developing and implementing Health & Safety, Security and Loss Prevention best practice procedures, including risk management and prevention, and ensuring the brand abides by all legal duties and obligations in relation to these areas
Covering the North and South region
- To develop and implement all aspects of the brand’s Health & Safety policy and activity and to ensure that it is implemented across all branches of the brand
- To work with and manage members of the Loss Prevention team, with responsibility and management of three audits per annum per store
- To be the first point of contact for all insurance claims, Health & Safety, and Security related matters, and to resolve all claims and matters in a timely and effective manner
- To monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and to ensure that the brand has systems & practice in place to meet legal obligations, and to create such systems where absent
- To continually assess the status of Health & Safety within the brand, identify areas for improvement and develop new policies and systems of work to address these
- To identify and set performance metrics and objectives for individual departments, and individuals themselves, based on appropriate proactive and reactive measurement standards
- To ensure rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place and to take part in these
- To perform additional duties within the scope of the position in line with the workload of the Loss Prevention department and in liaison with the Property department
- To identify employee training needs in relation to Health & Safety and develop management controls to ensure this training is continually updated and addressed
- To deliver training directly or to source training providers as appropriate
- To manage the Health & Safety budget including identifying personal skills and development needs
- To manage team members and retail branch staff in all Health & Safety matters
- To be a source of competent advice and to ensure the Health & Safety department can provide the required technical expertise to all branches and operations of the brand
- To educate and inform the staff at all levels with regards to Health & Safety including liabilities, performance trends, risks and opportunities
- To work with different business areas to ensure Health & Safety standards are appropriately implemented within their areas of control and are sufficiently robust for anticipated demands
- To work with the Property department to ensure timely resolution of all security and Health & Safety related issues and incidents across all branches of the brand.
- Where required, to aid the Loss Prevention team to plan, organise, manage and participate in all aspects of branch stocktaking; and providing follow-up and support to branch managers and area managers to ensure that the highest standards of compliance are achieved through a sufficient knowledge and understanding base
- Regular liaison with area managers and other relevant persons to ensure that all parties are kept fully appraised on all relevant matters.
- Ensuring that all relative targets are met.
- 3 years experience in similar role
- Trained in all aspects of Health & Safety, in possession of the necessary industry certifications
- Previous proven experience and success in a similar role, as well as excellent knowledge and experience of the BancTec or very similar standalone stocktaking system.
- Able to work to and meet tight deadlines and demonstrate an ability to work with other departments to best achieve the objectives of the Loss Prevention department and the wider business
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the relevant CIMs processes and a detailed knowledge of the Loss Prevention department specific processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the relative company processes and procedures, both in stores and in Head Office
- Previous retail experience at a senior supervisory or management level.
- Completely flexible in respect of extensive travel, overnight stays, early morning or late evening working
- The holder of full UK driving licence and the permanent use of a reliable car