Location: Manchester – HYBRID
Job Ref: TGN4291
We are looking for a Logistics Administrator to join the busy team of a family run business who supply Homeware & Electrical products to retailers including Dunelm, Argos, Asda, Homebase, Next etc. This is a multi-faceted role within a growing international business. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm and office based (potential to WFH max two days a week.)
- 24 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Potential to WFH max two days a week
- Modern offices
- Friendly team
- Growing brand
- Working closely with the Head of Supply Chain.
- To manage all aspects of logistics functions and to work alongside the logistics team both cross functionally and effectively.
- Manage the movement of product from all suppliers, Imported and Exported, to the warehouse effectively.
- Manage all necessary documentation effectively.
- Anticipate on an ongoing basis, potential issues with stock leaving factories and pro-actively communicate internally and externally.
- Liaise with Key managers and departments to maintain and affect relevant import activities.
- Using personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constrictive solutions to challenges and obstacles in import and export activities.
- Monitor and access full awareness of any changes in documentation, legal alterations or any information relating to or could have an impact on the logistics role.
- Monitor and update rates on the system to achieve correct costings.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have experience in a similar role at an import/export distribution business.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- To manage time and workload effectively.
- Ability to prioritise workload and deal with more than one priority at a time.
- Careful and efficient planning.
- Can demonstrate flexibility to suite circumstances.
- Can demonstrate good teamwork both internally and externally.
- Can Identify problem and deliver effective solutions.
- Pro-active and professional behaviour.