Job Ref: TGS1363
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Ladieswear Designer working for a Fast Fashion suppliers. You will design, develop and present new ranges from initial sketch to fitting of samples.
- Designing commercial Ladieswear multi-product.
- Looking at trends for customers aged 18-25 years old.
- Identifying key trends.
- Translating celebrity & Instagram trends to the high street.
- Extensive market research and comp shops.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends including colours and shapes.
- Be commercially aware of current trends and themes.
- Creating & developing original initial design concepts.
- Creating CAD’S confidently and effectively.
- Designing shapes, graphics and prints.
- Delivering products on budget & on time.
- Creating designs, technical packs and mood boards.
- Liaising with Far East factories on a daily basis to chase samples.
- Processing samples as they come into the office.
- Photographing samples.
- Ensuring critical paths & key deadlines are kept to.
- Presenting new ranges to the Buying team & MD.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships.
- Supporting the design team with day-to-day administration.
- Other duties as required.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ Ladieswear Design experience.
- Have a degree in Fashion Design or similar.
- Have strong CAD skills (Photoshop & Illustrator).
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Enthusiastic team player who can work under pressure.
- Experience in researching & forecasting trends.
- Have a good commercial eye is essential to the role.
- Good written and verbal communication across all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for colour and style.