Type: Permanent – Contract
Job Ref: TGN4385
A fast fashion online clothing brand are looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to join their growing team. The purpose of this role is to offer full support to the Buyer in developing a product offer that meets customer requirements and maximises sales and profit opportunities. The Brand is growing significantly & requires a keen product eye. You will be working with a range of products including softs, wovens, knitwear, outerwear, active and accessories. This is a maternity contract until December 2022.
- Assist the Product Development process from Design brief to launch.
- Liaising with Design, Marketing and other relevant departments.
- Negotiating the best cost price to achieve departmental margin targets.
- Understanding product trends and interpreting them where relevant into product areas.
- Understanding the appropriate sourcing route and Supplier for Product.
- Monitoring Critical Path on Commitment to ensure intake and distribution targets are met.
- Attending Fit sessions in the Buyers absence give styling comments.
- Managing Suppliers including monitoring sampling requirements.
- Negotiating and liaising with Suppliers.
- Understanding of reports and actions that may need to be taken from Trade.
- Managing the critical path & making adaptations to react to market changes and challenges.
- Sharing of information on Product, Suppliers, Best /Worst Sellers within the business.
- Monitor, maintain and action competitor analysis (comparative shopping).
- Completing order attributes accurately.
- Dealing with issues arising with orders both internally and externally.
- Action any order amendments under direction from the B&M team.
- Support commitment through weekly team updates.
- Processing samples received (fits, development, shoots/meetings).
- Labelling, logging, organising and filing samples including press and bought.
- Preparing samples for best sellers.
- Collating and preparing meeting samples.
- Maintaining department range and samples.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have experience in a similar role with womenswear clothing.
- A good understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the high street.
- Have experience working with the Far East.
- IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Good interpersonal / communication skills.
- The capability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid presentation skills.
- Risk assessment and SWOT analysis skills
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Sound knowledge of the elements that make up the cost of a product.