Job Ref: TGN4508
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Ladies Jersey Designer to join a leading, established clothing company. You will be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking company, responsible for researching new and current trends, attending customers meetings and designing eye catching collections. The ideal candidate will have experience designing Ladies Jersey products for the High Street
- Working as part of team creating seasonal, trend led designs in line with key retailers’ briefs and budgets
- Working closely with the design team to inspire buyers and build strong, long-term relationships
- Taking ideas from concept, creating initial specifications through to production of initial samples with the design team
- Sound knowledge of fabrics and ideally graphic styles with ability to produce professional CADS ready to send to the factory
- Excellent knowledge of high street retailers, ability to research current and new trends to present leading trends to the customer
- Communication daily with customers, merchandisers and development team in the factory if needed
- Responsible for arranging and attending meetings with key customers
- Confident in a fast-paced design environment working to critical path, delegating tasks if needed
- Knowledge and experience of Jersey products is essential
- Strong CAD skills.
- Fully computer literate.
- Creative flair and good colour sense.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative.