Location: South Manchester – Hybrid
Job Ref: TGN4584
An excellent opportunity for a Jersey Buyer to join a fast-growing online Fashion Ladieswear Retailer. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and fashion driven candidate to join a fast paced Buying team to support across clothing and non-clothing categories. You will be working across Dresses, Tops, Lounge & Leisurewear. Working hours are Monday to Friday 930am-530pm. The ideal candidate will have a commercial fashion eye, have experience of fast fashion Buying & have bricks and mortar buying experience.
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Staff discount throughout the brand Website
- Manage the weekly buy for the Jersey areas alongside the designer ensuring all samples are reflective of the original design work, costed to BIM targets and able to hit the required intake dates.
- Deliver a balanced range across fabric, shape, print and colour.
- Plan quarterly with the merchandiser, clearly communicating lessons learnt, plan of action and delivering robust analytical plans to drive out commercial ranges for Own site as well as external 3rd parties.
- Trade weekly – ensuring forward stock is reflective of weekly trading patterns, managing the intake to ensure stock is landing at the right time.
- Be responsible for critical path, ensuring all team members are utilising it effectively.
- Read analytical data to drive out strategic buying actions, implementing the actions quickly and efficiently.
- Contribute to our trend forum encouraging all levels of the product team to have a voice, helping keep the focus on the customers’ requirements.
- Deliver to the revenue, BIM and returns targets set by the Senior Management team.
- Manage supplier relationships – identifying risks and opportunities alongside the technical, design and sourcing teams.
- Run production and capacity planning to ensure we deliver the best BIM whilst staying flexible in season.
- Hold strong knowledge of jersey bases and how they perform with different printing methods. Understand factory print capabilities to ensure the right method is selected for production.
- Implementing process for the benefit of the product teams to streamline working practises alongside the weekly and monthly planning and range building requirements.
- To ensure best practises are implemented on the department.
- Other duties as required.
- MUST have experience in a similar role within an Ecommerce business at a Buyer level.
- Experience in trading a department to maximise sales.
- Experience with the ‘test and repeat’ eCommerce buying model.
- Be a confident use of Excel spreadsheets & PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve under pressure in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Identifies new ways of working that fit the business as it continues to grow.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritise.
- Holds a clean and valid UK driving licence (this role requires some travel to Europe and Far East as and when required by the business)