Job Ref: TGN4606
A fantastic opportunity for a Garment Technologist to join an Online Ladies Fashion brand working in a growing team with premium Ladieswear clothing. You will develop, enhance, and manage the petite product areas whilst contributing to the wider product teams to drive forward quality and fit. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail & want to develop their career in a fast-paced environment. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm. We are looking for 4 years’ experience working within Ladies clothing with strong Petite experience.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Staff discount / sales
- To manage live model fittings across the petite product range. Product fittings are fast paced and are a collaborative approach with buying and design teams. Attention to detail is key and ability to work at speed necessary.
- Fitting and approving from physical samples and established blocks using brand standardised gradings and templates.
- Creation of comprehensive, clear, and logical written comments complete with supporting imagery and diagrams for suppliers to understand and achieve the desired product fit and quality.
- Strong understanding of test reports and chemical compliance to ensure the product meets customer and brand expectations.
- Strong understanding of pattern construction to support suppliers correctly and efficiently, improving fit and reducing sample quantity.
- Strong understanding of garment construction to ensure the best possible methods are used within cost and to achieve a premium and durable finish.
- Understanding of product returns and implementing improvements based on the products performance.
- Understanding of fabric characteristics and behaviour for product suitability.
- Comprehensive understanding of factory production line processes.
- Customer focused. Responding to all customer queries relating to product fit and quality as a priority to support the customer service team.
- Maintaining the critical path with accuracy and consistency so visibility of the product progression is easily accessible to all functions within the business.
- Ability to support other members of the Technical team with fit and quality queries and be an advisory to other functions within the business.
- Other duties as required.
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience with Ladieswear with strong Petite experience.
- Ability to fit accurately and at speed is a necessity.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office / Excel / Word.
- Have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Organised & able to prioritise within a busy office environment.