Job Ref: TGS1336
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Ladies Knitwear Designer to join a leading supplier of ladieswear to high street retailers.
- Designing multi product knitwear.
- Working on high street accounts, primarily Wallis.
- Working with the Design team to ensure that trend and colour information is produced for the strategy providing choice for customers.
- Action comments made from customer meetings for the final fit/ styling amends.
- Ensure all designs are interpreted correctly prior to production.
- Monitoring and evaluating sources of inspiration in the industry and wider markets leading to product opportunities ensuring they are incorporated into the ranges.
- Regularly review competitors.
- Work closely with Buying and Merchandising to build the range and understand customer requirements.
- Ensure that department trend and colour info is produced, communicated and distributed internally to other functions.
- Designing of CADS, Prints, Embellishment etc
- Must have a minimum of 4 years knitwear experience – ideally from a supplier background.
- Working knowledge of high street accounts and strong buyer communication is essential.
- Strong commercial awareness and be up to date with current trends.
- Full knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- Ability to fully understand customer requirements.
- Production of design specifications suitable for factories to understand.
- Must be fully computer literate – Photoshop and Illustrator is essential.
- Be able to travel in Europe and Far East.
- A feminine handwriting is required.