Job Ref: TGM1365
An established clothing knitwear manufacturer who supplies to the High Street retailers are currently looking for a Knitting Programmer to join their busy team.
You’ll be working with Shima 12gg and Stoll knitting machines which produce seamless comfortable garments. This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants with a technical or mechanical background to enter the highly competitive fashion industry, working with the very latest advanced knitting machinery
- Manufacturing, monitoring, and inspecting output from the Shima machines to ensure it complies to high quality 12gg knitwear samples
- Oversee and maintain any repairs to our advanced knitting machinery
- Ensure the knitting room is kept clean and the machines are regularly serviced
- Thorough communication with other departments in the event of machine breakdowns and issues
- Working closely and supervising a small team of knitters
- 3- 4 years’ experience within similar role.
- Experience using Shima and Stoll
- MUST have knitwear experience
- Experience working as a machine mechanic or maintenance mechanic in the manufacturing sector
- Experience working in the textiles industry
- A positive attitude to problem solving and a technical mind-set
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a challenging and fast-moving environment
- Problem solving mind-set and keen eye for detail