Job Ref: TGN4303
Reporting to the Head of Product Sourcing and Development, we are looking for an ambitious, motivated Junior Product Developer with good communication skills, a positive mindset and exposure to Far East sourcing and importing. Ideally suited to someone with product buying experience, this role will deliver the right product, from the right source, at the right price and on time, based on the range product briefs. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Deliver new products on time, at the right price.
- Source suitable suppliers to fulfil product briefs.
- Full product development process ownership, including, but not exclusive to, raw materials, spare parts, and packaging.
- Range engineering to improve product offering to customers.
- Support and help to deliver critical paths.
- Keep up to speed with technologies to enhance/improve current supply.
- Keep up to speed with raw material pricing.
- Organise a sample tracker for inbound product samples
- Liaise with the QC Department to ensure that quality is always maintained
- Work cross-functionally with other teams within the business to ensure smooth delivery to market.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience of working in a buying function
- Strong negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Critical path workflow and management skills
- The ability to build rapport and relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- A genuine passion for the product area.
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A “right first time” attitude
- The flexibility to travel if/when required
- Exposure to Far East sourcing and importing would be essential.
- Yearly bonus
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Sick pay
- Work from home