Job Ref: TGN4664
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a leading clothing importer for a Junior Fashion Garment Technologist (menswear) to join a forward thinking Fast Fashion company who produce young ladies and men’s fashion ranges for a range of multiple stores and their own brand. You will ensure product standards are adhered to and to meet customer satisfaction levels. Excellent training and lovely offices in central Manchester
- Men’s / Boys – Autumn / Winter and Spring / Summer – Outerwear Jackets
- Assisting our Senior Garment Tech with other product categories; Denim / shorts / trousers, as well as progression to look after customer accounts
- Working closely with merchandiser/ design teams, as well as our MD on the menswear Department.
- Creating development specs at the beginning of each season from original samples or CADS
- Measuring samples at first fit / PP / production sample stages
- Conducting In house fit sessions.
- Sending fit comments and amended specs to the factories. Liaising with them on a daily basis.
- Responsible for your own fit comments / pattern solutions and advice to factories to maintain a good quality/ standard.
- Advise factory of basic test requirements per style i.e. Base / bulk / zip tests. Progression and training on chemical testing requirements
- Checking & approving care label layouts
- Action in house wash tests if necessary
- Assessing bulk inspection reports from our China office which come through on a weekly basis
- Giving commercial decisions on bulk quality issues
- UK warehouse checks on orders if & when needed
- MUST be computer literate – good understanding of Word, Excel and email.
- MUST have good communication skills – you will be liaising with -Designers, Merchandisers and sales teams.
- Handle the pressures of a fast paced environment.
- Looking to progress their career.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work with a methodical, no-nonsense approach.